The Summer Continuing Education Day is a mix of practical skill building, abstract librarianship, and sharing with colleagues from around the system. Join us for a day of learning!
Presented by STLS and CCLD
All STLS member library directors & staff are invited to attend.
Location: Arthur A. Houghton Jr. Library at Corning Community College
1 Academic Dr, Corning, NY 14830
Date/Time: Friday, June 28th, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
For a brief look at session offerings, see below:
8:30 – 8:50 AM
Registration, Coffee & Morning Snacks
8:50 – 9:00 AM
Introductions & Welcome
9:00 – 10:15 AM
Program Group 1:
- STEAM Storytimes: Adding STEAM to your storytime programs
- Panel Discussion on Pop-Up Libraries: Your colleagues chatting about POPPING UP in unusual places
- Workflows Tips & Tricks–Take 2: Back by popular demand for the second year!
10:15 – 10:30 AM
10:30 – 11:45 AM
Program Group 2:
- Oh Bedbugs! What NOW?!: What to do when bedbugs visit your library
- Implicit Bias: Explore our unknown biases and their (potentially) harmful side-effects
- BLUEcloud Analytics Introduction: The NEW tool for reports and more from the ILS
11:45 AM – 12:50 PM
12:50 – 1:00 PM
Door Prize Drawings
1:00 – 2:15 PM
Program Group 3:
- LGBQT Community: How can your library be more welcoming?
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training: Missed the mandated training? Now’s the time to get it!!
- Using the Libby App: Join experts from OverDrive to learn more about the Libby app
2:15 – 2:30 PM
2:30 – 3:45 PM
Program Group 4:
- Southern Tier Stories: An Oral History Project: Storytelling and recording your community’s history
- Is your password nJpX5~br6V/T/$?: What makes a good password? Find out!
- Making on a Budget: The name says it all!
Date: Friday, June 28, 2019
CE Hours: 6
8:30 am Sign-in, Snacks & Coffee
8:50 am: Introduction & Welcome
3:45 pm – Last Program Ends
Arthur A. Houghton, Jr. Library
Corning Community Library
1 Academic Drive, Corning, NY 14830
Corning Community College Campus Map